NOOK App (NOOK App)
6.99Buy Now £6.99VAT included
Only available on these devices and apps:
- NOOK HD/HD+
- 21 video clips from Academy Award winning documentary-maker Jon Blair
- Over 40 audio clips, including commentary from Miep Gies, one of the helpers who risked her life to aid Anne and her family in hiding
- The full definitive text alongside exclusive audio extracts read by Helena Bonham Carter
- Context-sensitive notes, historic documents and hand-drawn maps
- Specially commissioned introduction by Buddy Elias, Annes first cousin and only living relative
- Dual timelines featuring family images from Annes life before the war and historic wartime images from international archives alongside expert commentary on key events
- Translated facsimile pages from the original diary
- Expertly curated themes and Story Trails for a deeper, more in-depth reading experience
- Exclusive access to the archive of the Anne Frank Fonds, founded by Annes father Otto Frank, including previously unreleased material
- Anne Frank for NOOK is the remarkable edition of one of the greatest books of the century.
In the summer of 1942, fleeing the horrors of the Nazi occupation, Anne Frank and her family were forced into hiding in the back of an Amsterdam warehouse. Aged thirteen when she went into the Secret Annexe, Anne kept a diary in which she confided her innermost thoughts and feelings. An intimate record of adolescence and heartbreak, courage and inspiration, Anne Frank for NOOK offers stunning new ways to explore Annes world, what it looked, sounded and felt like living in hiding and what, in turn, was happening outside the Annexe walls.
Anne Frank died in prison in Bergen Belson, three months short of her sixteenth birthday and just a few weeks before the prison was liberated. Anne Frank for NOOK is the definitive digital edition, authorised by the Anne Frank Fonds founded by Otto Frank.
Anne Frank for NOOK is published by Penguin Books UK and Beyond the Story.
Anne Frank for NOOK from Penguin Books Limited (Penguin Books) uses a third party app service provider (Flurry) in order to create accurate, real time user data reports so that Penguin Books can continue to improve the app user experience. The service collects and submits anonymous aggregated data about which app features are being used most frequently, to Flurry servers. This information will be used to continually improve subsequent versions of this mobile app.